Marketing/Communications Intern to start in September
Let’s start with an introduction. My name is Jeroen Strijbosch, and I’m in charge of sales & marketing at SOWISO. We’re an education technology company in Amsterdam with an online learning environment for mathematics (and STEM) education. Our platform has many interactive features like tailored feedback while you make exercises, mastery learning, adaptive learning, interactive elements for visual learners, digital exams and learning analytics.
We’re currently working hard on maintaining and expanding our marketing and customer acquisition strategy. As our Marketing/Communication Intern, you’ll be joining our small, but growing, team, supporting campaigns and taking charge of your own projects. You will be given the freedom and guidance to explore your own strengths and develop them – whether that’s in content marketing, SEO, online or offline ads, domestic or international marketing, or communication – and help optimize our current marketing and communication strategy in that field.
You will furthermore take part in weekly strategy discussions, where you can learn about and iterate on our overall strategies. You will also have daily responsibilities, which can vary from blog writing, newsletter coordination, ad design, data collection, market research, sales support to supporting event organization.
We work in an informal environment, where we focus on initiative and results.
The internship will start in February 2017 and will last 24 weeks.
- A lot of responsibilities, right from the start. You will be given your own project to develop and execute, apart from having a supporting role.
- A great environment to learn and develop yourself personally and professionally, in a dynamic organization in which you will play an important role. You will constantly be in close contact with other employees and company management.
- A monthly internship compensation.
- The possibility of a part-time position at our company after your internship
- Everything you expect from a tech company, including a sound system blasting productivity-enhancing music, a Nintendo GameCube and all-you-can-eat noodles.
- You are studying Marketing / Communication / PR, or anything related at WO or HBO level.
- You speak English and preferably Dutch as well. Any extra languages are a plus!
- You don’t have to be good at or love mathematics, but you’re creative, analytical and you like to take initiative.
- Adequate skills with a GameCube controller
Some more details
- The internship starts Monday February 5th 2018 and ends Friday July 20th, 2018. Dates are flexible.
- Our address is Science Park 400, 1098 XH, Amsterdam, The Netherlands